Scrap.Abode (warehouse) OPEN DAYs

The Scrap.Abode is only OPEN every Wednesday (10:00am to 1:00pm) every month for walk-ins.

Please follow our Instagram and Facebook account and subscribe to our Newsletters for the latest news, flash sales and more.

Enjoy 50% off selected items from Scrap-n-Crop.com RED DOT SALE when you visit us on our Open Days | please email us 24 hours prior to the Open Day if you'd like to self collect your online orders at the Scrap.Abode

Friday, November 21, 2008

yay! Iris Babao Uy - Scrap-n-crop.com's Resident DT is being featured in Madcropper

.

check this out! and a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to our dearest amazingly talented resident DT, Iris Babao Uy for being featured in Madcropper.

The featured blog is as follows:

picture-4.png

I am pleased to announce the return of our featured scrapbookers! I know it’s been a while but I am hoping I could make this a regular feature of Mad Cropper :-)

Our scrapbooker on the spotlight is none other than Iris Babao-Uy. C’mon, mad croppers….giver her a warm welcome to our home :-)

She is such a gorgeous gal (inside and out!). I first discovered Iris through the scrapbook egroup that we both are members of. I’ve seen her layouts get better and better. Just be seeing what she’s created, I knew Iris was one talented lady so I’m not surprised that Iris’s work has been published in major scrapbook magazines and online sites and that she is now a designer for 5 well-known Scrapbook Stores.

You’ll drool over Iris’s accomplishments in her chosen craft. Check out Iris’s scrapbook resume! I’ve also featured Iris’s work at the Mad Cropper in the past.

Iris is also part of the much coveted Memory Makers Masters 2008. Her layout below made the cover in the January 2008 issue of Memory Makers Magazine.

jan-cover.JPG

Iris designs for the following: Prima Marketing, Webster’s Pages , October Afternoon , Bad Girls Kits and Scrap-n-Crop

Isn’t Iris amazing? Below is the transcript of the interview that Iris kindly granted.

1. How and when did you discover scrapbooking? Who/What encouraged you?

I started scrapbooking when my daughter was about three months old. Being a first time mom, I had tons of pictures of her and I wanted to record every little detail of her growth. Photo albums was not the solution because it only held pictures and no journaling. So I had a separate journal for my notes. That was when I discovered scrapbooking. I could combine both the pictures and the journaling in one album.

picture-5.png

2. What are your top 5 favourite scrapbook materials and tools? Things you cannot live without?
Patterned paper, scissors, lace, pen for journaling, metal embellishment.

3. What is your favourite scrapbook/layout technique and why?
That would be layering and cutting of patterns from paper. I love the look of a layered design.

4. How do you do your layouts? Do you do them chronologically, by events or special occasions or what you feel like doing at the time?
I don’t do pages in chronological order. I am most inspired by pictures and memories so I go with that.

5. How do you start a layout? How long does it take you to finish one?
I start by editing a photo and looking for materials that go with the photo. The creative process starts as soon as I cut the first pattern from a paper. I normally scrap at night when my daughter is asleep. It takes me anywhere from two to four hours to finish a page. I never sleep without finishing a page though. I just have to finish it before I turn in for the night.

picture-3.png

6. Where do you get your ideas and inspiration for your layouts?
I get inspiration from the pictures I take and the memories that go along with it. Visually, I like to look at patterns and colors in clothing boutiques such as their printed shirts, wall decors and painting for inspiration. My favorite here in Manila is “Ginger Snaps”. Their patterns color combinations are so pretty.

7. What is your favourite scrapbook album/layout and why?
My favorite layout is usually among my latest creations. I love it when a mistake forces me to turn it into something that will make the layout work even better for me.

About Iris

iris-babao-uy.jpg

I am a scrapper from The Philippines, a wife to a wonderful and supportive husband named Bryan, and a mother to a beautiful and sweet little girl named Nicole Breanna. I started scrapbooking in 2005 after trying to organize my baby’s photos but have been left unsatisfied with ordinary photo albums. I like to give my pages dimension with lots of detail. I rarely plan my pages – I let a photo or a patterned paper inspire me and I take it from there.
Aside from being an avid scrapbooker who dreams and obsesses about patterned papers and page ideas all day, I am also a pianist and a partner in an events management company. I’m also a very active person who frequents the gym, and joins 10k marathon runs whenever I can.
I am fortunate to be currently designing for Prima Marketing, Webster’s Pages, October Afternoon, Badgirlskits, and Scrap-n-Crop. I have also been named as one of the 2008 Memory Makers Magazine Masters. I am fortunate to have some of my layouts published in Memory Makers Magazine, Scrapbook Trends Magazine, Sommerset Memories, Scrapbook and Cards, Scrapbook Dimensions, and Scrapbook Memories. I am thankful for the blessings which have come my way as an artist and will continue to be thankful for the happiness and fulfillment that I get from this craft.

Click HERE to view Iris’s layouts.

******

I’d like to thank Iris again for granting this interview. You are such an inspiration to all the Scrappers out there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay indeed!
congrats Iris.

i'm a fan.
J

Anonymous said...

Congrats Iris.

Have been secretly admiring your amazing work.

Carmen

Anonymous said...

congrats iris

hugs, pheobe

Share This Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails