Scrap.Abode (warehouse) OPEN DAYs

The Scrap.Abode is only OPEN every Wednesday (10:00am to 1:00pm) every month for walk-ins.

Please follow our Instagram and Facebook account and subscribe to our Newsletters for the latest news, flash sales and more.

Enjoy 50% off selected items from Scrap-n-Crop.com RED DOT SALE when you visit us on our Open Days | please email us 24 hours prior to the Open Day if you'd like to self collect your online orders at the Scrap.Abode

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Becks is almost 5 years old!



Left to right clockwise
(1) Becky cutting her cake at school just before term breaks, 
(2) "mummy, look at my tongue!", 
(3) "yummm… the legs are the yummiest bit!" so says the boys in school - 
good thing the teacher intervene or the head would have been gone too, 
leaving Becky in tears (possibly)
.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
.
Well, she's almost 5 years old.
Not quite yet. We had to celebrate it earlier as school term was done.
 yay! it's summer break!!!

As of yesterday she said to me:
"ee ee, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight."
{grins} 
"then my real birthday!"
{squeals}

That's about right.
No point trying to correct the count-down.
A hopeless argument of accuracy - which an almost 5 year old -
will NOT appreciate. 
It's a rather hard task for me. One that requires a huge amount of
discipline and self restrain. 

I love maths {yes!!! crazy huh?} and I am a stickler for accuracy
and attention to details. But I tell myself that the squeals are already
deafening. I don't need a protest to blow my delicate ear drums.
{ahem. spoken like a true single.ton}

Well, before you think I'm such a callous, insensitive person …
I did make the party pack tags by punching two circular scallops out
of Bazzill card stocks with EK Success 1-1/2" and 2" scallop punches,
topped with felt cut-outs of dinosaurs in matching colours.  

As for the cake … ah ha … that was sub-contracted out! though it's
rather easy to make ...
{ssshhh… don't tell Val I said that}


Handmade party pack gift tags - tools and material from 


Top and Bottom: 
3/4 of the leftovers to be distributed to the neighbours …
{sorry, but I put on 3 kilos just smelling cake, so no way am I eating any!!!}

.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
.

 And what better way to celebrate her 5th birthday with Hi-5 and her friends?

{note, Val is about to pull her hair off every time Becky sings or 
plays Hi-5's Happy Birthday song from Youtube}
.
.

No comments:

Share This Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails