Scrap.Abode (warehouse) OPEN DAYs

The Scrap.Abode is only OPEN every Wednesday (10:00am to 1:00pm) every month for walk-ins.

Please follow our Instagram and Facebook account and subscribe to our Newsletters for the latest news, flash sales and more.

Enjoy 50% off selected items from Scrap-n-Crop.com RED DOT SALE when you visit us on our Open Days | please email us 24 hours prior to the Open Day if you'd like to self collect your online orders at the Scrap.Abode

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Guest DT: Fiona CARTER



Fiona Carter, DT for Maya Road is Scrap-n-Crop's Guest DT of the month of June!
What perfect timing as everyone is goo-goo-gaa-gaa over Maya Road right now!

FIONA CARTER lives on Sydney's north shore with her husband, Paul, daughters Emily and Phoebe and bunnies Bubbles and Butterscotch...

Here's what she says (taken from http://www.scrap-n-crop.com/);

"My interest in crafts goes way back to my childhood. The crafts I dabbled with were many and varied, but a constant interest in "cutting and pasting" was evident - anything that included papers, pens, pencils and creative lettering always grabbed my attention. As a little girl, I would beg my mum to buy me new pencils, pens and sketchbooks so I could draw and sketch. I am still in possession of some of those sketchbooks and I treasure them.

In 2000, I was introduced to scrapbooking through a friend. I was hooked! I loved he concept of scrapbooking, recording the story of my family's lives in such a creative way. My interest in scrapbooking grew quickly and my first scrapbooking layouts were published within a year of starting this wonderful craft.

I love telling a story of my layouts. I use a combination of alot of photos of our everyday life with journalling to tell the tales of our family. The majority of my layouts are event driven. I feel I am able to add multiple photos and elements on a layout without it appearing cluttered. My scrapbooking is elegant and stylish with clean lines, lots of color with a bit of fun and humor thrown in! We know how to have a laugh in our family, and that is extended into my layouts. I hope in many years that my family can look through our albums and laugh as we remember the fun things we did.


My work has been published in Scrapbooking Memories, the Australian edition of Creating Keepsakes, My Reflections magazine, Paper Crafting with Photos (a Paper Crafts publication), Stamping and Papercraft magazine, Australian Papercrafts as well as several ideas books and special interest magazines in Australia.

I have had my projects displayed at several CHA trade shows (in the Maya Road, Paper Salon, Piggy Tales and Urban Lily booths) and a recent National Stationery Show in the USA."




Inspired so far? Well, see more of her layouts using our own kits and Maya Road projects on our site HERE

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Fiona's Personal Blog
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I love her.
I never realised she was SnC's DT.

thanks for sharing,
J

Share This Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails