Scrap.Abode (warehouse) OPEN DAYs

The Scrap.Abode is only OPEN every Wednesday (10:00am to 1:00pm) every month for walk-ins.

Please follow our Instagram and Facebook account and subscribe to our Newsletters for the latest news, flash sales and more.

Enjoy 50% off selected items from Scrap-n-Crop.com RED DOT SALE when you visit us on our Open Days | please email us 24 hours prior to the Open Day if you'd like to self collect your online orders at the Scrap.Abode

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

a word or two from SnC's October Crop.Arty Volunteer

..

I am a stay at home Mum to Aaron (4) and Maddison (2). I love paper crafts and would quite happily spend all day playing around at my craft desk (if only the meals, dishes, laundry and housework managed to do themselves!).

I was first introduced to stamping in 1996 I think, I was invited to “make up the numbers” for a card making class at my cousins. I told my husband it was only $10 and I was just going to be nice!

Hahahaa … I came away from the evening with 3 completed cards and about $80 lighter in the pocket! (I bought 3 things - a pair of fancy scissors, a teddy bear stamp and an inkpad.)

I got my best friend into stamping shortly after that and we used to get together at least twice a week after work and make cards for hours! My stamp collection grew and grew … and grew!

Scrapbooking happened alongside my card making. I had been doing my own albums for a while, but started doing “proper” scrapbooking in 2002/2003.

Towards the end of 2004 I left my full time job and started a little business from home selling products to make greeting cards. I taught card making classes from home and also at a local community learning centre. There were two stamping groups in my area that met together once or twice a month and I used to pack up my stock and take it along to those evenings and sometimes do demos on different products.

In October 2007 we moved from New Zealand to Malaysia with my husbands work. I made sure I packed as much craft gear as I could!!

I was very privileged to be a part of Scrap-n-Crop’s Project Scrap Away in 2008 and as a result of being one of the 3 finalists I had the awesome opportunity to be part of the DT for SnC’s Kit Club for a year, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Looking forward to teaching this card class at the Scrap.Abode and sharing with you what I have created.

.
Rachel's creation can be found in Scrap-n-Crop.com's Gallery HERE.
You can follow her funny ramblings on Wishful Thinking!!!
.
P/S: As of today, Rachel's 24th October class has been fully SOLD OUT!
We can't wait!!! Woo Hoo!
.

No comments:

Share This Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails